Saturday, June 15, 2013

Preparing for Art In Action

My work is now under way for this years show which starts on 18th July and runs for 4 days. Whilst I have been a bit slow to get going after a very busy end to my academic year I have now decided on a direction - something that is happy and fun...


I am trying to reproduce images from my holidays in West Bay and the Fun Fair is first. West bay is providing new holiday memories for my boys as we try to make new routines and new ways to enjoy ourselves without Carl. We had such wonderful family holidays form camping on sites with few amenities but breathtaking views to climbing Mount Etna. I miss these times every day but but I now look forward to our annual trip to West Bay with my sister, niece and the boys. 

The cars are embroidered with marathon threads on a single layer of solu-fleece. They will be suspended in in frames and float over a painted silk habitai background. It is time consuming but exciting and is all preparation for year three at Uni.

Have decided to enter all three drawings of drill, hammer and screwdrivers to Jerwood Drawing Prize. They will form a series with the title 'After You'.



No comments:

Post a Comment